A healthy yogurt based version of Jalapeño Ranch!
We all have those restaurants that lure us in with fresh-baked rolls, chips and salsa, or maybe you are drawn in by Jalapeno Ranch. If you live in Texas, you might know the dip I speak of. Chuy's is famous for it, but it can be found at Tex-Mex restaurants across the state . The problem is that said dip is addicting. Unfortunately, Ranch is not meant to be devoured in bulk.
I spent a lot of time trying to create a lighter version of Jalapeno Ranch. After 5 batches it has the creaminess, spiciness, and flavor without all the calories, sodium, and fat. You can enjoy this as a dip with chips, vegetables, or even use it as a salad dressing.
- If you like spicy, start with 5 jalapenos and add more if needed.
- If you think ketchup is spicy, start with less jalapenos. You can always add more heat but you can not take any away.
- I recommend using Fage Greek Yogurt. It produces the best tasting and creamiest dip.
- Fresh Cilantro - as fresh as possible. This dip is a great way to use cilantro from your garden. If buying cilantro from the store, wait to buy it until the day you plan to make the dip.
Skinny Jalapeno Cilantro Ranch Dip
- 5 whole medium Jalapenos halved and seeded
- ½ bunch fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 12 ounces Fage Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Small Lime Juiced
- Rinse jalapenos and cilantro. Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds. Remove bottom half of cilantro stems, about 5 inches.
- Pulse jalapenos, cilantro, and minced garlic in food processor for around 7 seconds.
- Add yogurt, sour cream, spices, and lime juice. Puree until well blended.
- Serve with chips, veggies, or use as salad dressing.
Enjoy y'all. Come back soon!
Makes a delicious topping for Chicken Fajita Salad