Even though this has been the mildest summer in the past five years down here in Texas, it is still hot enough to curb your appetite and desire to cook something on the stove-top. Luckily, the husband has been okay with the change in the menu.
This Chicken Fajita Salad is one of my favorite summertime recipes. It’s quick, doesn't require turning on the oven and is packed with flavor! This recipe received a “2 Thumbs Up” from the husband. He thinks if I can get him to like healthier foods, then it is possible for anyone. To put that in perspective, when we met back in college, he was eating Sonic three times a day. We've come along way since them.
This has so much good stuff going on in it – creamy avocado, black bean salsa, fresh tomatoes, crisp cucumbers and a little shredded cheese. We topped it off with Skinny Jalapeno Cilantro Ranch for even more flavor.
Healthy Cooking Tip – To reduce the amount of sodium in canned beans, drain and rinse with cold water. This cuts sodium by 41%.
I hope ya’ll enjoy this Chicken Fajita Salad as much as we do! Be sure to try out the Skinny Jalapeno Ranch.
Chicken Fajita Salad
- 1 14.5 oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can Corn drained
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Chunky Salsa
- 6 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 2 cups Grilled Chicken chopped
- 1 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 Cucumber Sliced
- 1 large Avocado sliced
- ½ cup Mexican Blend Cheese Shredded
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, cumin, and salsa. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl top lettuce with grilled chicken, tomato, avocado, cucumber, cheese and black bean mixture.
Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back soon!
Sources: Shadix, Kyle. "Reducing Sodium in Canned Beans". Today's Dietitian. January 2010. Web. Accessed July 2014.