It had been a while since I made this recipe and my taste-buds were in for a pleasant surprise Sunday afternoon. As the broccoli roasted, the aroma of butter and chipotle wafted throughout the house. Why had I been depriving our taste buds of this recipe for so long? Even Clyde, came sniffing around trying to see if I had something for him. He always seems to appear right when dinner is ready, must be that nose of his.
I had every intention of serving this with dinner Sunday night, but it was just too tantalizing and we ate all of it before the steaks even hit the grill. Broccoli as an appetizer, strange.
Okay, let’s move on to preparing the Chipotle Butter Roasted Broccoli!
Evenly place the broccoli on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- 1 pound Broccoli Crowns, cut into Florets
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Melted
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground Chipotle Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Wash broccoli crowns and cut into florets.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Add the cumin, chili powder, salt and sugar to the melted butter.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl. Toss the broccoli florets in the butter mixture. Be sure that each piece of broccoli gets some of the butter mixture.
- Place broccoli evenly spaced on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake broccoli for 10-15 minutes, stirring half way through. Broccoli should be tender and lightly browned.
Enjoy. Y’all come back soon!