Baked egg muffin bites made with canned Hatch Green Chiles and shredded cheese. A portable, protein-packed breakfast.
I am always looking for easy ways to get protein at breakfast. With egg muffins you prepare ahead of time, pop in the microwave, and have a hot breakfast waiting for you every morning. These "egg bites" were a favorite of mine to make during my years when I worked outside the house.
These muffins are packed with Hatch Green Chiles and cheddar cheese. They are light and ultra-portable.
In case the Hatch Green Chiles weren't enough to draw you in, take a look at some of the benefits to eating breakfast.
Benefits of Eating a Healthy Breakfast
- Increased concentration and attention span
- May improve mood
- Helps you beat the mid-morning slump
- May help with weight management (i.e. you are less likely to eat an extra cherry cream cheese kolache/ cinnamon roll/ doughnut when you are not starving)
Prepare these egg muffins the night before and have a hot breakfast ready in less than 30 seconds in the morning!
Hatch Green Chile and Cheddar Cheese Egg Muffins
- 6 whole Eggs
- 3 Egg Whites
- ¼ cup Milk
- 4 ounces Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 4 oz. can Hatch Green Chiles, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix eggs, additional egg whites and milk in a large bowl. Fold green chiles and cheese into the egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into the prepared pan. Fill the muffin tins ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
Nutrition Facts for 1 Egg Muffin:
Calories 52 kcal| Protein 5 g | Carbohydrates 1 g | Fat 3 g | Fiber 0 g | Sodium 94 mg
Enjoy. Y'all come back soon!
Recipes you may also enjoy:
References: Rise and Dine. Today's Dietitian. September 2011. Accessed online May 2014.