An easy recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies made with crunchy peanut butter. No chilling or rolling required.
I live in a house divided between chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. I try to alternate what kind of cookies I make each week to keep everyone happy.
This peanut butter cookie recipe makes things a little bit easier because it doesn’t require any chilling or shaping. The even ratio of butters and sugars make it simple to double when you want to make a big batch of cookies.
The recipe was inspired by the peanut butter cookies that used to be common at sandwich shops like Subway and McAlister’s Deli. They always had that nice little bit of crunch from peanuts, a soft but chewy texture and a great peanut butter flavor. They were my husband’s favorite cookie and the reason for the creation of this recipe.
- Butter – One stick of butter at room temperature.
- Peanut Butter – I like to use crunchy peanut butter but creamy peanut butter such as Jif or Skippy will work too. Note this recipe has not been tested with natural peanut butter.
- Brown Sugar - This recipe uses an equal ratio or brown and white sugars.
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- All-Purpose Flour – I prefer to bake with unbleached All-Purpose Flour.
How to make
Step 1: Cream butters and sugars in a stand mixer for 4 minutes. This helps to incorporate air into the batter. Add egg, beat well; add vanilla extract.
Step 2: Mix in dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, all-purpose flour).
Step 3: Scoop cookie dough, place on baking sheet and bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes.
- Prepare cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- To get that chewy but soft texture, do not overbake the cookies.
- Cookies should look golden brown at edges and slightly soft in center.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before removing to wire rack.
Store leftover peanut butter cookies at room temperature an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Extra baked cookies may be frozen.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ c. unsalted butter softened
- ½ c. peanut butter crunchy
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ⅓ c. all-purpose flour
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugar on medium-high speed for 4 minutes until mixture is fluffy. Beat in egg, and then vanilla extract. Scrape sides as needed.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour to wet ingredients. Mix on low speed until combined and dough is formed.
- Scoop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake cookies at 350℉ for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
I hope your family enjoys these homemade peanut butter cookies!
More recipes you may enjoy: