Hatch Green Chile Pork Stew
Hatch Green Chile Pork Stew is a hearty stew loaded with roasted Hatch Green Chiles, tomatoes, pork shoulder roast and white beans.
- ⅓ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 2-3 lb. Pork Roast cut into 1” cubes
- 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 ½ cups Yellow Onion diced (1 medium)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 32 oz. Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Hatch Green Chiles roasted and coarsely chopped
- 28 oz. can Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- ¼ c. Pickled Jalapenos drained and chopped
- 2 - 15 oz. cans White Northern Beans drained and rinsed
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Dredge pork in flour mixture until evenly coated, discard the excess.
Heat canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Working in batches, brown pork on all sides in the Dutch oven; approximately 3-5 minutes per batch. Add onion with the last of the pork and cook until onion is tender. Return pork to Dutch oven and stir in minced garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
Add chicken broth to Dutch oven, stir and loosen any bits off the bottom of the pan.
Stir in Hatch Green Chiles, tomatoes, cumin and jalapenos.
Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 hours or until pork easily shreds with a fork. Stir occasionally. Add beans to the stew during the last 30 minutes of cooking.