Have you ever heard of a time audit? It’s a tool that helps you see what you’re actually spending your time on versus what you think you're spending your time on. I’ve been feeling like the days just fly by, so I thought this would be helpful. My personal time audit revealed that my days were much fuller than I realized. Trying to carve out bits of free-time, I’m now focusing on trying to batch tasks. (If you are interested in a time audit geared toward mom’s, I found this link helpful.)
Mornings can be a bit hectic with a baby and a toddler so this was an area of my day I knew I wanted to work on. I prepped these Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Bites on a Sunday to have them ready to go for my toddler in the mornings. They are a portable little breakfast that’s not very messy. Calorie rich and compact is sometimes what I need in a food for my toddler.
Pop leftovers in the microwave and serve with fruit for a balanced breakfast for your little ones. I plan to keep these on rotation to help make my mornings a little more efficient.
Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Bites (Egg Free)
- 1 lb. Breakfast Sausage
- 1 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet will silicone mat or parchment paper. Cook breakfast sausage in large skillet, breaking into clumps. Drain and discard drippings. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Stir in cheese.
- Add cooled sausage to dry mixture. Add milk and stir until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve warm.
I use a seasoned breakfast sausage so there isn’t a need for me to add a lot of extra spices. If you would like more flavor try adding sage, pepper, garlic or onion powder.
Leave a Reply