#Ad One of the keys to eating healthy is to have a plan and be prepared. My first two goals for the New Year involve successfully working a six week maternity leave and actively trying to lose the baby weight. Having two kids at home requires even more advanced planning, not only do I have to think about what I'm going to eat, I have to prep bottles and meals/snacks for my baby and toddler. There simply is not enough time in the mornings to do everything!
To help achieve my personal goals, I've started prepping my lunches on Sundays. Two weeks in and I’m asking myself why I never did this before?! I have purposely been packing refrigerated lunches because I have to pump on my lunch break, there's a lot to do in those 30 minutes and I don’t want to waste my time waiting in line to use the communal microwave.
I picked up these Almark Hard boiled Eggs in the deli section on a recent trip to Sam’s Club. They have been a convenient way to add high-quality protein to my lunches.
I’ve been making different variations of salad and using the eggs as my protein. It’s a great feeling to start the week off with a fridge full of healthy grab-and-go lunches. So far I’m off to a running start tackling my goals!
Here are two variations of the salad’s that I have been rotating in my lunch box.
The first is an Asian Inspired Cobb Salad. The base is chopped Napa Cabbage, topped with diced red bell pepper, cucumber, and mandarin oranges. I picked up a Sesame-Ginger Dressing and some wonton strips to make it feel a little more fancy. Finally, I top it off with the Almark Hard boiled Eggs for some protein. Easy peasy.
The other I have been making is a Southwest Inspired Cobb Salad. Green leaf lettuce is the base, topped with seasoned black beans, corn, sliced cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and tortilla strips. I typically use a creamy Ranch dressing for this one, but salsa would work as well. Finally, top the salad with avocado slices, shredded colby jack cheese and Almark Hard boiled Eggs for a delicious and filling lunch.
Don't dread your lunch on Monday, get a head start on these meals with less than 15 minutes of prep + assembly!
Asian Inspired Cobb Salad
- 4 cups Napa Cabbage, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 11 oz. can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 4 Tbsp. Wonton Strips
- 4 Tbsp. Sesame-Ginger Dressing
- 8 Almark Hard boiled Eggs
- Divide cabbage, cucumber, bell pepper and oranges evenly into four containers.
- Top each container with 1 tbsp. Wonton Strips, 1 Tbsp. dressing and 2 hard boiled eggs. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Southwest Cobb Salad
- 4 cups Green Leaf Lettuce, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Corn, drained
- 1 small Avocado, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. Shredded Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Tortilla Strips
- 4 Tbsp. Light Ranch Dressing
- 8 Almark Hard boiled Eggs
- Divide lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn and avocado evenly into four lunch containers. Top each with 1 Tbsp. shredded cheese, tortilla strips, dressing and 2 hard-boiled eggs. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Almark Hard-Boiled Eggs. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #Ad #Eggcellent Protein